Buddhist Studies from India to America
Essays in Honor of Charles S. Prebish
Buddhist Studies from India to America covers four important areas of Buddhist Studies: Vinaya Studies and Ethics, the history of Buddhist schools, Western Buddhism, and Inter-religious dialogue. These are the main areas which Charles S. Prebish has either inaugurated or helped to define; and his academic career as a leading, international scholar, and his significant professional achievements are celebrated within this volume.
The geographical and historical scope of the essays in this collection range from ancient India to modern America, and includes contributions by well-known international scholars. The contributors discuss a variety of academic disciplines including philosophy, psychology, history, feminism, and sociology. It will appeal to scholars whose interests embrace either ancient or modern aspects of the Buddhist tradition.
287 pages; ISBN 9781134196326
, or download in
Title: Buddhist Studies from India to America
Author: Damien Keown
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Periodicals. Yearbooks (General)
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Societies, councils, associations, clubs, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > General collections. Collected works
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Tripit.aka (Canonical literature)
- Philosophy > Buddhism
- Philosophy > Eastern
- Religion > Buddhism
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies