The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Social Work Research
Ethical and Political Contexts
Beth Humphries, Reader in Social Work, Lancaster University
The role of research in social work has become increasingly critical and relevant to training and practice. Social Work Research has been designed to address this and to demonstrate the importance of research for improving social work practice.
Written in an engaging and accessible style, the book explains the links between practice, knowledge and research. It succeeds in bridging the gap between theory and reality by discussing a range of research paradigms and placing them in the context of professional social work. It also goes beyond other textbooks to discuss the political and ethical contexts that are intrinsic to social work practice.
Other key features of the book include:
· Fulfills QAA benchmarks in social work training - social work research is a required topic on undergraduate degrees.
· Addresses topical issues such as the need for evidence-based practice and an awareness of ethics.
· International in scope - draws upon international literature
· Grounded in 'real-life' research through case studies
· User-friendly and student-focused, it includes student exercises and further reading sections.
Social Work Research will prove an invaluable resource for students, researchers and trainees undertaking research in social work.
203 pages; ISBN 9781412931809
, or download in
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Theory. Method. Relations to other subjects
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology
- Education > Study Skills
- Education > Research
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Social Science > Research
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Social Work