The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
A Beginner's Guide
`McKee is a gifted practitioner of the skills he would teach in this book, as well as a lively and engaging writer and one who has a real commitment to making his ideas available to a larger public' - Henry Jenkins, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
This book provides an indispensable basic introduction to textual analysis. McKee starts from the most basic philosophical foundations that underlie the practice and explains why texts are important and what they tell us about the world they represent.
Textual Analysis guides students away from finding the `correct' interpretation of a text and explains why we can't simply ask audiences about the interpretations they make of texts.
- points to the importance of context, genre and modality
- uses excellent examples drawn from popular culture
- provides students with a solid grounding on many of the important concepts underlying media and cultural studies
Written in an accessible and straightforward style Textual Analysis: A Beginners Guide will be essential reading for all students of media, cultural and communication studies.
170 pages; ISBN 9781412932905
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Language. Linguistic theory. Comparative grammar > Discourse analysis
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Mass media and culture
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > General
- Media > Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Social Science > Feminism & Feminist Theory
- Social Science > Sociology
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Business > Education