The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
An Introduction to the Interpretation of Visual Materials
This book is an introduction to reading visual culture. It explains which methods are available to the undergraduate student and shows exactly how to use them.
The book begins with a discussion of general themes and recent debates, on the meaning of culture and the function of the visual, that offers a critical inquiry into the relation of visual images to social identities and social relations. Gillian Rose then goes on to investigate in detail the different methods for interpreting visual images. The strengths and weaknesses of each method are discussed in relation to a detailed case study, as well as to the more general issues outlined in the introduction.
240 pages; ISBN 9781412933339
, or download in
More Social Science
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Content analysis (Communication)
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Visual communication
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Communication. Mass media
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Political Science > International Relations
- Social Science > Popular Culture