The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Representing Black Britain
Black and Asian Images on Television
Representing Black Britain offers a critical history of Black and Asian representation on British television from the earliest days of broadcasting to the present day. Working through programmes as wide-ranging as the early documentaries to `ethnic sitcoms' and youth television, this book provides a detailed analysis of shifting institutional contexts, images of `race' and ethnic-minority cultural politics in modern Britain.
Representing Black Britain: focuses on issues of representation, ideology, `race' and difference; covers a spectrum of television genres including documentary, news, comedy, light entertainment, youth television, drama, film and sport; examines the sociopolitical context of Black Britain; and looks at questions of policy and the institutional context of British broadcasting.
209 pages; ISBN 9781412932844
, or download in
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Broadcasting > Television broadcasts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Media > Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
- Media > Television
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Performing Arts > Television
- Political Science > Public Affairs & Administration
- Business > Industries > Entertainment
- Social Science > Discrimination & Race Relations
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies
- Social Science > African-American Studies
- Social Science > Sociology
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Business > Marketing
- Business > International
- Business > Organizational Behavior