The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Understanding Qualitative Methods
- The Howard Journal of Criminal Justice
Criminological Research offers a comprehensive guide to both the theory and practice of qualitative criminological research.
Through a detailed yet concise explanation, the reader is shown how a variety of methods and approaches work and how their outcomes may be interpreted. Practically focused throughout, the book also offers constructive advice for students analysing and writing their research projects.
Key features of the book include:
- An innovative framework - combining different methodologies and approaches
- A variety of `real-life' examples and case studies - enriches the book for the reader
- A set of practical exercises and further reading sections in each chapter - pedagogical and student-focussed throughout
- A broad coverage - includes discussions of ethnography, interviewing, documentary evidence and data-analysis
- A detailed and practical discussion of the politics of research, such as issues of access, ethics and confidentiality
The book has a flowing narrative and student-friendly structure which makes it accessible to students. Written by experts in the field, it will be an invaluable resource for students and researchers, helping them to undertake effective research in both criminology and courses in qualitative research in related disciplines.
209 pages; ISBN 9781412933063
, or download in
More from this author
- Criminal Justice, Mental Health and the Politics of Risk2001US$ 114.95282 pages
- Drug Interventions In Criminal Justice2010US$ 46.00248 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology
- Medicine > Nursing
- Medicine > Health Care Delivery
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology
- Social Science > Criminology
- Social Science > Sociology