The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Spirituality and Mental Health
Part One considers spirituality as a reflection of the process of change. A brief overview of the contemporary history of spiritual inquiry in the field of mental health is provided.
Part Two considers spirituality as a reflection of the process of meaning making.
Part Three considers spirituality in terms of different forms of journey, including a consideration of the traditional concept of pilgrimage. Part Four considers the potential for healing that lies within even the most terrifying forms of madness. The book then concludes with a suggestion of the power of "waiting" and the rewards obtained by the careful, compassionate practice of life.
258 pages; ISBN 9780470033869
, or download in
More from this author
- Mental Health Ethics2010US$ 41.95
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing: The craft of caring2008US$ 51.18780 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Therapeutics. Psychotherapy
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Public health. Hygiene. Preventive medicine > Mental health. Mental illness prevention
- Medicine > Nursing
- Medicine > Neurology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy