The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Wi-Fi Home Networking Just the Steps For Dummies
- Setting up wireless access points and configuring your network
- Adding wireless devices to your network
- Activating Wi-Fi Security, managing firewalls, and preventing unauthorized network users
You don’t have to leave WI-Fi behind when you leave home; this practical reference tells you how to find public hotspots where you can use your Wi-Fi-equipped portable computer and how to network wirelessly with your pocket PC. It covers practical applications like creating a network bridge or adding wireless network storage, plus fun ways to use your tech toys to integrate and enhance your digital life, such as:
- Setting up a wireless media center so you can use a computer for streaming media, as a TV tuner, as a digital video recorder, or to integrate with your TV and home entertainment system
- Turning your pocket PC into a remote control
- Adding a wireless camera to your network
Even if your current system with its cables, wires, and convoluted connections works, it’s time to cut the cord. Going wireless gives you many advantages and new options. So take the first step—get this book.
242 pages; ISBN 9780470044094
, or download in
No Place to Hide 2014 US$ 12.99 256 pages
Program Logics for Certified Compilers 2014 US$ 14.99 469 pages