The Guide to Off-Label Prescription Drugs
New Uses for FDA-Approved Prescription Drugs
- WELLBUTRIN -- This popular antidepressant can also be prescribed to treat chronic lower back pain.
- BOTOX -- Many physicians are now using this popular cosmetic injection to treat severe headaches and migraine.
- XANAX -- To relieve irritable bowel syndrome, physicians are now prescribing this drug approved for anxiety disorders.
- PROZAC and ZOLOFT -- To relieve the symptoms of menopause, these two popular antidepressants are now being prescribed.
- Common disorders such as Lyme disease, insomnia, arthritis, osteoporosis, PMS, diabetes, fibro-myalgia, high blood pressure, and even hay fever can all be treated with off-label prescription drugs.
More and more physicians and researchers are discovering that many drugs are effective for off-label uses -- uses that go beyond what the FDA had originally approved. Off-label prescription drugs have become so popular that, today, one out of every four prescriptions written is off-label. That's a whopping 115 million off-label prescriptions a year.
Off-label prescriptions are completely legal and are a vital alternative for optimal patient care. But until now, there has been no book to inform and guide patients about off-label uses of drugs. The Guide to Off-Label Prescription Drugs provides you with the latest information on more than 1,500 breakthrough uses for prescription drugs. It is the only reference that gives you the tools you need to have informed dialogues with your doctor about managing your health care needs.
Here, you'll discover the most recent findings about new, breakthrough options to treat everything from anxiety to diabetes. Also included is detailed information about scientific studies supporting the drugs' uses, possible drug side effects, cautions, food and herbal interactions, and risks for pregnant or breast-feeding women.
CAUTION: CALL YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING OR STOPPING THE USE OF ANY DRUG.
Title: The Guide to Off-Label Prescription Drugs
Author: Kevin R. Loughlin; Joyce Generali
The Associated Press Stylebook 2016 2016 US$ 13.99 600 pages
The Handbook for Enhancing Professional Practice 2008 US$ 27.95 190 pages