Small Footprints on a Finite Earth
Imagine you are first in line at a potluck buffet. The spread includes not just food and water, but all the materials needed for shelter, clothing, healthcare, and education. How do you know how much to take? How much is enough to leave for your neighbors behind you—not just the six billion people, but the wildlife, and the as-yet-unborn?
In the face of looming ecological disaster, many people feel the need to change their own lifestyles as a tangible way of transforming our unsustainable culture. Radical Simplicity is the first book that guides the reader to a personal sustainability goal, then offers a process to monitor progress to a lifestyle that is equitable amongst all people, species, and generations. It employs three tools to help readers begin their customized journey to simplicity:
>It builds on steps from Your Money or Your Life so readers can design their own personal economics to save money, get free of debt, and align their work with their values.
It uses refined tools from Our Ecological Footprint so readers can measure how much nature is needed to supply all they consume and absorb their waste.
Combining lyrical narrative, compassionate advocacy, and absorbing science, Radical Simplicity is a practical, personal answer to twenty-first century challenges that will appeal as much to Cultural Creatives and students as to spiritual seekers, policy makers, and sustainability professionals.
248 pages; ISBN 9781550923360
, or download in
Title: Radical Simplicity
Author: Jim Merkel
More Body Mind
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Human influences on the environment
- Academic > Life Sciences > Biology > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Academic > Geography > Human ecology. Anthropogeography > Human influences on the environment
- Academic > Geography > Human ecology. Anthropogeography > By region or country
- The Environment > Green Living
- Science > Environmental Science
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection
- Nature > Rocks & Minerals
- Body Mind & Spirit > Inspiration & Personal Growth