The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Men, Cultures, Bodies, Power, Sex and Love
Critically exploring the ways in which men and masculinities are commonly theorized, this multidisciplinary text opens up a discussion around such relationships, and shows that, as with feminisms, there is a diversity of theoretical traditions. It draws on a variety of examples, and explores new directions in the complexities of diverse male identities and emotional lives across different histories, cultures and traditions. This book:
- considers the experiences of different generations
- explores connections between masculinity and drugs
- investigates men and masculinities in a post-9/11 world
- considers new ways of thinking about male violence
- recognizes the importance of culture and provides spaces to explore different class, ‘race’ and ethnic masculinities.
Written in a practical, versatile manner by an established author in this field, it points to new directions in thinking, and makes essential reading for advanced undergraduates, postgraduates and researchers in the fields of sociology, gender studies, politics, philosophy and psychology.
165 pages; ISBN 9781134198214
, or download in