for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...

Coat of Many Pockets

Managing classroom interactions

Coat of Many Pockets
This book is designed as a pocket book for teachers; one that is within a teacher’s immediate reach and that will become well worn through extensive use. It provides essential, practical and tested interactive behaviour management skills that work in the classroom. The chapters are sequenced in order to progressively build the application methodology from when the teacher first enters the classroom through to accessing ongoing teacher support. Behaviour management concepts and skills are introduced, explained and established simultaneously. The book’s objectives are to help teachers focus on: - being proactive through planning for behaviour, rather than reacting to situations as they arise in the classroom - acquiring the knowledge, understanding and skills to effectively manage student behaviour - working from a positive mind-set rather than a negative focus, and applying an approach that is constructive and enables students to take responsibility for their own behaviour - viewing their role in managing behaviour in the classroom as an extension of their teaching, rather than one of controlling and policing students. - realising the impact effective behaviour management has on a student’s ability to learn and achieve in class.
Australian Council for Educational Research; May 2006