Multimedia Witness in Christian Worship
When it comes to communicating the gospel through new media and technologies, churches are often faced with one of two bad options. Either they can reject these new vehicles for sharing the faith as “not the way we’ve always done it”; or they can uncritically embrace them, failing to see that when not understood properly these media can obscure the gospel message just as much as they can communicate it. If they are going to reach the generations formed by electronic culture, churches must engage in a new evangelism, one that makes use of new technologies and cultural expressions. Sample explains how the electronic generations receive and process the information communicated by new media, and how the ways in which our consumerist culture makes use of those media are not good models for how the church can employ them to spread the message of Jesus Christ.
Read the Introduction now!
, or download in or
Title: Powerful Persuasion
Author: Tex Sample
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Missions
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Worship Public and private > Church-night services
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Prayer
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Missions
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Missions in individual countries
- Religion > Christianity > Evangelism
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Ministry
- Religion > Christianity > Rituals & Practice
- Religion > Worship
- Computers > Programming Languages