The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Microsoft's .NET is revolutionizing Windows-based software development. Since its initial release in 2002, .NET has changed significantly, becoming the foundation for a new generation of Windows applications. The .NET Framework and Visual Studio, the two core aspects of this initiative, provide a multilanguage environment in which developers can create Web services, graphical user interfaces, and other kinds of applications. Taken as a whole, the .NET technologies have changed the way nearly every Windows application is built.
Now fully updated for version 2.0 of the .NET Framework and Visual Basic 2005, Understanding .NET, Second Edition, is a concise guide to the landscape of Windows development. Margin notes, detailed diagrams, and lucid writing make this book easy to read and navigate, while analysis sections explore controversial issues and address common concerns. David Chappell's independent perspective and straightforward descriptions clarify both how the .NET technologies work and how they can be used.
- An overview of .NET and its goals
- The Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- The .NET languages, including C#, Visual Basic, and C++
- The .NET Framework class library
- Building Web Applications with ASP.NET
- Accessing Data with ADO.NET
- .NET framework integration with SQL Server 2005
The key to using a new technology is to understand the fundamentals. This book provides the robust foundation developers and technical managers need to make the right decisions and maximize the potential of this revolutionary framework.
337 pages; ISBN 9780321468093
, or download in
More from this author
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Microsoft .NET
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Networking
- Computers > Programming Languages