Focused Operations Management for Health Services Organizations
Title: Focused Operations Management for Health Services Organizations
Author: Boaz Ronen; Joseph S. Pliskin; Shimeon Pass; Donald M. Berwick
Foreword (Donald M. Berwick).
About the Authors.
PART ONE: THE DYNAMIC HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT ENVIRONMENT.
1. The Modern Health Care and Business Environment.
2. Principles of Management in a Dynamic Environment.
3. The Pareto Rule, Focusing Table, and Focusing Matrix.
PART TWO: NOVEL MANAGEMENT APPROACHES.
4. Management by Constraints: The Focusing Steps of the Theory of Constraints.
5. Management by Constraints in a Bottleneck Environment.
6. Management by Constraints When the Market Is the Constraint.
7. Focused Current Reality Tree.
8. Resolving Managerial Conflicts.
9. The Efficiencies Syndrome.
10. The Evils of Long Response Times.
11. Reducing Response Times.
12. The Complete Kit Concept.
13. Performance Measures and Managerial Control.
14. Effects of Fluctuations, Variability, and Uncertainty on the System.
15. The Evils of Traditional Cost Accounting.
16. Marketing, Costing, and Pricing Considerations in Decision-Making Processes.
17. Quality Management and Process Control.
PART THREE: STRATEGY AND VALUE CREATION.
18. Creating Value for Health Care Organizations.
PART FOUR: SUMMARY.
19. Case Study: The Emergency Department at Guard Mountain Hospital.
20. Our Managerial Credo.
When Breath Becomes Air 2016 US$ 12.99 240 pages
Stahl's Self-Assessment Examination in Psychiatry 2012 US$ 39.50 340 pages