The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Handbook of Parallel Computing and Statistics
This unique reference weaves together the principles and theoretical models of parallel computing with the design, analysis, and application of algorithms for solving statistical problems. After a brief introduction to parallel computing, the book explores the architecture, programming, and computational aspects of parallel processing. Focus then turns to optimization methods followed by statistical applications. These applications include algorithms for predictive modeling, adaptive design, real-time estimation of higher-order moments and cumulants, data mining, econometrics, and Bayesian computation. Expert contributors summarize recent results and explore new directions in these areas.
Its intricate combination of theory and practical applications makes the Handbook of Parallel Computing and Statistics an ideal companion for helping solve the abundance of computation-intensive statistical problems arising in a variety of fields.
548 pages; ISBN 9781420028683
, or download in
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic digital computers
- Academic > Computer Science > Parallel processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Mathematical & Statistical Software