The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Transform Methods for Solving Partial Differential Equations, Second Edition
Transform Methods for Solving Partial Differential Equations, Second Edition illustrates the use of Laplace, Fourier, and Hankel transforms to solve partial differential equations encountered in science and engineering. The author has expanded the second edition to provide a broader perspective on the applicability and use of transform methods and incorporated a number of significant refinements:
New in the Second Edition:
· Expanded scope that includes numerical methods and asymptotic techniques for inverting particularly complicated transforms
· Discussions throughout the book that compare and contrast transform methods with separation of variables, asymptotic methods, and numerical techniques
· Many added examples and exercises taken from a wide variety of scientific and engineering sources
· Nearly 300 illustrations--many added to the problem sections to help readers visualize the physical problems
· A revised format that makes the book easier to use as a reference: problems are classified according to type of region, type of coordinate system, and type of partial differential equation
· Updated references, now arranged by subject instead of listed all together
As reflected by the book's organization, content, and many examples, the author's focus remains firmly on applications. While the subject matter is classical, this book gives it a fresh, modern treatment that is exceptionally practical, eminently readable, and especially valuable to anyone solving problems in engineering and the applied sciences.
727 pages; ISBN 9781420035148
, or download in
Teaching Numeracy 2011 US$ 34.95 241 pages
Discovering Statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics 2013 US$ 103.00 953 pages