The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Has Devolution Delivered?
A well-established team explores the successes and failures of devolution in Scotland. One of the key aims of devolution in Scotland was to change the way people felt about their country and the way they were governed. This book draws on a unique range of Scottish Election Studies and Scottish Social Attitudes surveys to explore the early success - or otherwise - of devolution in meeting this objective. It asks how the Scottish public has reacted to the initial experience of devolution, and the lessons this experience might have for the future of devolution. Drawing on rich sources, this book presents a comprehensive and complete analysis of the Scottish public's evolving view of devolution looking in depth at public attitudes to 4 key objectives many hoped devolution would achieve: (i) a better-governed country; (ii) a public more involved in how the country is governed; (iii) an electorate with more influence; (iv) the development of an open civic nationalism, not one based on narrow notions of ethnicity.
More Political Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > Great Britain > Scotland
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > General
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > Great Britain > Scotland
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > General