Counter-Terrorism for Emergency Responders, Second Edition
The key to an effective terrorist response is to understand and contain the hazardous materials involved. Counter-Terrorism for Emergency Responders, Second Edition meticulously details the characteristics, actions, identification, containment, and emergency treatment of all types of agents. Drastically updated from the 1999 edition, chapter after chapter is packed with new information on chemical agents, biological agents, and explosive, nuclear, and incendiary devices.
Using his 26 years of experience in emergency services and his skills as a hazardous materials consultant in more than 15 states, the author prepares the first responder to handle everything from re-establishing control and on-scene triage to investigating the crime. Including information on pre-incident and avoidance tactics, the author provides new monitoring and detection techniques, protective equipment and decontamination, and an extensive list of resource organizations and training opportunities. The worst may never happen to your community, but will you be prepared if it does?
Title: Counter-Terrorism for Emergency Responders, Second Edition
Author: Robert A. Burke
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Current Events > Peace
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Terrorism
- Law > Forensic Science
- Business > Industries > Service Industries
- Social Science > Criminology
This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...
- Emergency Action for Chemical and Biological Warfare Agents, Second EditionUS$ 49.95
- Hazardous Materials Chemistry for Emergency Responders, Third EditionUS$ 132.95
- Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, 8th editionUS$ 249.00
- Emergency Cardiology Second EditionUS$ 40.95
- Emergency Medicine Procedures, Second EditionUS$ 243.00