Covering a wide range of issues which have been overlooked in the past, including mystery, cult and philosophy, Richard Seaford explores Dionysos – one of the most studied figures of the ancient Greek gods.
Popularly known as the god of wine and frenzied abandon, and an influential figure for theatre where drama originated as part of the cult of Dionysos, Seaford goes beyond the mundane and usual to explore the history and influence of this god as never before.
As a volume in the popular Gods and Heroes series, this is an indispensible introduction to the subject, and an excellent reference point for higher-level study.
176 pages; ISBN 9781134344505
, or download in or
Author: Richard Seaford
Access to History for the IB Diploma: Peacemaking, peacekeeping - international relations 1918-36 2012 US$ 17.58 249 pages
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
Unbroken 2010 US$ 11.99
History for the IB Diploma: The Great Depression and the Americas 192939 2012 US$ 16.00 242 pages
- Academic > Religion > History and principles of religions > European. Occidental > Classical (Etruscan, Greek, Roman)
- Academic > Religion > Religions of the world
- Folklore & Mythology > Greek Myths
- Religion > Antiquities & Archaeology
- Religion > Mysticism
- Social Science > Folklore & Mythology
- History > Ancient