The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Race and Ethnicity
Culture, Identity and Representation
Broad-ranging and comprehensive, this incisive new textbook examines the shifting meanings of 'race' and ethnicity and collates the essential concepts in one indispensable companion volume. From Marxist views to post-colonialism, this book investigates the attendant debates, issues and analyses within the context of global change.
Using international case studies from Australia, Malaysia, the Caribbean, Mexico and the UK and examples of popular imagery that help to explain the more difficult elements of theory, this key text focuses on everyday life issues such as:
- ethnic conflicts and polarized states
- racism(s) and policies of multiculturalism
- diasporas, asylum seekers and refugees
- mixed race and hybrid identity
Incorporating summaries, questions, illustrations, exercises and a glossary of terms, this student-friendly text also puts forward suggestions for further project work. Broad in scope, interactive and accessible, this book is a key resource for undergraduate and postgraduate level students of 'race' and ethnicity across the social sciences.
296 pages; ISBN 9781134266395
, or download in
More Social Science
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Cultural traits, customs, and institutions > Political organization. Political anthropology
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Cultural traits, customs, and institutions > Societal groups, ethnocentrism, diplomacy, warfare, etc.
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Science > Biology
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Human Geography
- Social Science > Discrimination & Race Relations
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies