The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Writing and Representation in Medieval Islam
With contributions from specialists in different areas of classical Islamic thought, this accessible volume explores the ways in which medieval Muslims saw, interpreted and represented the world around them in their writings.
Focusing mainly on the eighth to tenth centuries AD, known as the ‘formative period of Islamic thought’, the book examines historiography, literary prose and Arabic prose genres which do not fall neatly into either category.
Filling a gap in the literature by providing detailed discussions of both primary texts and recent scholarship, Writing and Representation in Medieval Islam will be welcomed by students and scholars of classical Arabic literature, Islamic history and medieval history.
282 pages; ISBN 9781134171545
, or download in
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
History for the IB Diploma: Causes, Practices and Effects of Wars 2011 US$ 26.00 241 pages
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Oriental philology and literature > Arabic > Arabic literature
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Oriental philology and literature > Special groups > Islamic
- Literary Criticism > Middle Eastern
- Literary Criticism > Medieval
- Religion > Islam
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies
- History > Asia
- History > Middle East