Ten Mathematical Essays on Approximation in Analysis and Topology
Ten Mathematical Essays
This book covers a wide range of new mathematical results. Among them, the most advanced characterisations of very weak versions of the classical maximum principle, the very last results on global bifurcation theory, algebraic multiplicities, general dependencies of solutions of boundary value problems with respect to variations of the underlying domains, the deepest available results in rapid monotone schemes applied to the resolution of non-linear boundary value problems, the intra-history of the the genesis of the first general global continuation results in the context of periodic solutions of nonlinear periodic systems, as well as the genesis of the coincidence degree, some novel applications of the topological degree for ascertaining the stability of the periodic solutions of some classical families of periodic second order equations,
the resolution of a number of conjectures related to some very celebrated approximation problems in topology and inverse problems, as well as a number of applications to engineering, an extremely sharp discussion of the problem of approximating topological spaces by polyhedra using various techniques based on inverse systems, as well as homotopy expansions, and the Bishop-Phelps theorem.
- It contains a number of seminal contributions by some of the most world leading mathematicians of the second half of the 20th Century.
- The papers cover a complete range of topics, from the intra-history of the involved mathematics to the very last developments in Differential Equations, Inverse Problems, Analysis, Nonlinear Analysis and Topology.
- All contributed papers are self-contained works containing rather complete list of references on each of the subjects covered.
- The book contains some of the very last findings concerning the maximum principle, the theory of monotone schemes in nonlinear problems, the theory of algebraic multiplicities, global bifurcation theory, dynamics of periodic equations and systems, inverse problems and approximation in topology.
- The papers are extremely well written and directed to a wide audience, from beginners to experts. An excellent occasion to become engaged with some of the most fruitful mathematics developed during the last decades.
284 pages; ISBN 9780080459196
, or download in or
Title: Ten Mathematical Essays on Approximation in Analysis and Topology
Author: Juan Ferrera; J. Lopez-Gomez; F.R. Ruiz del Portal
More Political Science
Access to History for the IB Diploma: Emergence of the Americas in global affairs 1880-1929 2013 US$ 30.38 217 pages
Justice 2009 US$ 9.99 320 pages