The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Handbook of Clay Science
The Handbook of Clay Science aims at assembling the scattered literature on the varied and diverse aspects that make up the discipline of clay science. The topics covered range from the fundamental structures (including textures) and properties of clays and clay minerals, through their environmental, health and industrial applications, to their analysis and characterization by modern instrumental techniques. Also included are the clay-microbe interaction, layered double hydroxides, zeolites, cement hydrates, genesis of clay minerals as well as the history and teaching of clay science. No modern book in the English language is available that is as comprehensive and wide-ranging in coverage as the Handbook of Clay Science.
In providing a critical and up-to-date assessment of the accumulated information, this will serve as the first point of entry into the literature for both newcomers and graduate students, while for research scientists, university teachers, industrial chemists, and environmental engineers the book will become a standard reference text.
* Presents contributions from 66 authors from 18 different countries who have come together to produce the most comprehensive modern handbook on clay science
* Provides up-to-date concepts, properties, and reactivity of clays and clay minerals in a one-stop source of information
* Covers classical and new environmental, industrial, and health applications of clays, as well as the instrumental techniques for clay mineral analysis
* Combines geology, mineralogy, crystallography with physics, geotechnology, and soil mechanics together with inorganic, organic, physical, and colloid chemistry for a truly multidisciplinary approach
1246 pages; ISBN 9780080457635
, or download in or
More from this author
- Formation and Properties of Clay-Polymer Complexes1979US$ 290.00375 pages
- Formation and Properties of Clay-Polymer Complexes2012US$ 170.00529 pages