The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Multiscale Coupling of Sun-Earth Processes
These new developments have prompted a topical conference on Sun-Earth connection, held on February 9-13, 2004 at Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, USA, with the goal of promoting interactions among scientists practicing the traditional physics-based approach and those utilizing modern statistical techniques.
This monograph is a product of this conference, a compilation of thirty-nine articles assembled into seven chapters: (1) multiscale features in complexity dynamics, (2) space storms, (3) magnetospheric substorms, (4) turbulence and magnetic reconnection, (5) modeling and coupling of space phenomena, (6) techniques for multiscale space plasma problems, and (7) present and future multiscale space missions. These articles show a diversity of space phenomena exhibiting scale free characteristics, intermittency, and non-Gaussian distributions of probability density function of fluctuations in the physical parameters of the Sun-Earth system. The scope covers the latest observations, theories, simulations, and techniques on the multiscale nature of Sun-Earth phenomena and underscores the usefulness in cross-disciplinary exchange needed to unravel the underlying physical processes, which may eventually lead to a possible unified description and prediction for space disturbances.
* Extensive collection of state-of-the-art papers on multiscale coupling of Sun-Earth Processes
* Present and future multiscale space missions
* New techniques and models for performing multiscale analysis
450 pages; ISBN 9780080457697
, or download in or
More from this author
The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Desktop Edition Volume I 2013 US$ 40.00 536 pages
Quantum Mechanics 2014 US$ 26.99 385 pages
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Solar system
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Sun
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Solar-terrestrial physics
- Science > Astronomy
- Science > Astrophysics & Space Science
- Science > Meteorology
- Science > Earth Sciences