The Entrepreneurial Engineer
—Raymond L. Price, William H. Severns Professor of Human Behavior Director, Illinois Leadership(r) Center, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
"I believe that The Entrepreneurial Engineer has the potential to change the landscape of what engineers learn and do."
—John R. Koza, former CEO and chairman, Scientific Games Inc. and Consulting Professor, Stanford University
"Dr. Goldberg provides the road map for engineers of the future to stay at the front of the wave by learning to think more like entrepreneurs. . . Consider this book your survival handbook for the rest of your life."
—From the Foreword by Tim Schigel, Director Blue Chip Venture Company
Entrepreneurial times call for The Entrepreneurial Engineer
In an age when technology and business are merging as never before, today's engineers need skills matched with the times. Today, career success as an engineer is determined as much by an ability to communicate with coworkers, sell ideas, and manage time as by talent at manipulating a Laplace transform, coding a Java(r) object, or analyzing a statically indeterminate structure.
This book covers those nontechnical skills needed by today's entrepreneurial engineers who mix strong technical know-how, business and organizational prowess, and an alert eye for opportunity. Author David Goldberg unlocks the keys to ten core competencies at the heart of what entrepreneurial engineers need to master to be effective in a fast-moving world of deals, teams, startups, and innovating corporations. You'll discover how to:
- Feel the essence-and the joys-of engineering
- Examine personal motivation and set goals
- Master time management and organization
- Write fast and well under pressure
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Understand and practice good human relations
- Act ethically in matters large, small, and engineering
- Assess technology opportunities
- Understand teams, leadership, culture, and the organization of organizations
226 pages; ISBN 9780470038956
, or download in
Title: The Entrepreneurial Engineer
Author: David E. Goldberg