The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Human Relationship Skills
Coaching and Self-Coaching
Human Relationship Skills: Coaching and Self-Coaching presents a practical 'how to' guide to relationship skills, showing how readers can improve and, where necessary, repair relationships. This thoroughly revised and updated fourth edition reflects the increased interest in coaching, showing how it can be applied to everyday life.
In this essential book, Richard Nelson-Jones takes a cognitive-behavioural approach to coaching people in relationship skills. These skills are viewed as sequences of choices that people can make well or poorly; covering a range of skill areas the book assists readers to make affirming rather than destructive choices in their relationships. It begins by addressing the questions of "what are relationship skills?" and "what are coaching skills?", and follows with a series of chapters which thoroughly detail and illuminate various relationship skills including:
- listening and showing understanding
- managing shyness
- intimacy and companionship
- assertiveness and managing anger
- managing relationship problems and ending relationships
The book concludes with a chapter on how users can maintain and improve their skills by coaching themselves.
Accessibly written and using activities, the book will be appropriate for those involved in 'life coaching' as well as general counselling and therapy. It will be essential reading for lecturers, coaches and trainers as well as students and anyone who wishes to improve their relationship skills.
280 pages; ISBN 9781134171040
, or download in or
More from this author
No More Mr. Nice Guy! 2002 US$ 9.95 261 pages
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 11.66 320 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social psychology > Interpersonal relations. Social behavior
- Academic > Psychology > Social psychology > Interpersonal relations. Social behavior
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Group
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Interpersonal Relations