The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Learning Cities, Learning Regions, Learning Communities
Lifelong Learning and Local Government
This book explores the mental and social landscape of the city of today and tomorrow; the way in which people think, interact, work together, learn and live with and among each other. Written to address the urgent need for a guide to the principles and practices of lifelong learning, the topics covered include:
- an introduction to the idea of learning cities
- policies and strategies for the learning city, including examples form around the world
- how to activate learning, involve stakeholders and encourage citizen participation in a learning city or region.
Written by one of the world’s foremost thinkers in the field, this book is highly readable and easily accessible to anyone interested in the issues addressed. Workers in local, regional and national government, academics and students of lifelong learning, in addition to anyone with an interest in the future of cities and communities will find this a truly invaluable resource and guide to a way of thinking that many see as the way to a better tomorrow.
256 pages; ISBN 9781134195121
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Social Science > Sociology