The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Oral and the Written in Early Islam
Made up of a number of seminal articles that are translated for the first time in English, this prestigious book from Gregor Schoeler gives a reasoned, informed and comprehensive overflow of how the written and the spoken interacted, diverged and received cultural articulation among the Muslim societies of the first two centuries of the Hijra.
304 pages; ISBN 9781134158805
, or download in
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Oriental philology and literature > Arabic > Arabic literature
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Oriental philology and literature > Special groups > Islamic
- Literary Criticism > African
- Literary Criticism > Middle Eastern
- Religion > Islam
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies