The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Academic Citizen
The Virtue of Service in University Life
With increasing focus on excellence in research and teaching, the service role of the individual academic is often neglected. This book calls for greater recognition of this important aspect of academic life, highlighting the importance of mentoring, committee work and pastoral care in the daily running of universities. Drawing from extensive examples from models around the world, The Academic Citizen points to the benefits of effective communication with colleagues in the faculty, across the university and in corresponding faculties across the world, as well as those in maintaining positive associations with the wider world.
224 pages; ISBN 9781134247271
, or download in or
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Digital Leadership 2014 US$ 27.95 265 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Women. Girls
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Community and the school
- Education > Higher
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Distance Education & Learning
- Education > Testing & Measurement