Learning Outside the Academy
International Research Perspectives on Lifelong Learning
This book weaves together different strands of research in the area of lifelong learning that concentrates particularly on learning in alternative settings and ways, such experiential learning and informal and community learning. Drawing upon international research, the book examines how these strands of research can contribute to each other.
The contributions to this book are based on material presented at a conference at the Centre for Research in Lifelong Learning, UK, and they focus on research into key issues of policy and practice in lifelong learning. Establishing a wider framework for debate about the meaning and significance of lifelong learning, this timely and thought-provoking book provides practitioners in the field with a relevant and current discussion on some very important ideas about non-formal education.
256 pages; ISBN 9781134213955
, or download in or
Title: Learning Outside the Academy
Author: Richard Edwards; Jim Gallacher; Susan Whittaker
More Social Science
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education > Protestant
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education > Aged education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Social Science > Sociology