Classroom Management That Works
Research-Based Strategies for Every Teacher
In this follow-up toWhat Works in Schools, Robert J. Marzano analyzes research from more than 100 studies on classroom management to discover the answers to these questions and more. He then applies these findings to a series of “Action Steps”--specific strategies that educators can use to
• Get the classroom management effort off to a good start,
• Establish effective rules and procedures,
• Implement appropriate disciplinary interventions,
• Foster productive student-teacher relationships,
• Develop a positive “mental set,”
• Help students contribute to a positive learning environment, and
• Activate schoolwide measures for effective classroom management.
Marzano and his coauthors Jana S. Marzano and Debra Pickering provide real stories of teachers and students in classroom situations to help illustrate how the action steps can be used successfully in different situations. In each chapter, they also review the strengths and weaknesses of programs with proven track records.
With student behavior and effective discipline a growing concern in schools, this comprehensive analysis is a timely guide to the critical role of classroom management in student learning and achievement.
150 pages; ISBN 9781416600794
, or download in
Title: Classroom Management That Works
Author: Robert J. Marzano; Jana S. Marzano; Debra J. Pickering
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
RESULTS Coaching 2010 US$ 34.95 265 pages