The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
School Leadership That Works
From Research to Results
Based on their analysis of 69 studies conducted since 1970 that met their selection criteria and a recent survey of more than 650 building principals, the authors have developed a list of 21 leadership responsibilities that have a significant effect on student achievement. Readers will learn
• the specific behaviors associated with the 21 leadership responsibilities;
• the difference between first-order change and second-order change and the leadership responsibilities that are most important for each;
• how to work smart by choosing the right work to focus on to improve student achievement;
• the advantages and disadvantages of comprehensive school reform models for improving student achievement;
• how to develop a site-specific approach to improving student achievement, using a framework of 11 factors and 39 action steps; and
• a five-step plan for effective school leadership.
Combining rigorous research with practical advice, School Leadership That Works gives school administrators the guidance they need to provide strong leadership for better schools.
204 pages; ISBN 9781416603146
, or download in