Teaching with the Brain in Mind, 2nd Edition
In easy to understand, engaging language, Jensen provides a basic orientation to the brain and its various systems and explains how they affect learning. After discussing what parents and educators can do to get children’s brains in good shape for school, Jensen goes on to explore topics such as motivation, critical thinking skills, optimal educational environments, emotions, and memory. He offers fascinating insights on a number of specific issues, including
* How to tap into the brain’s natural reward system.
* The value of feedback.
* The importance of prior knowledge and mental models.
* The vital link between movement and cognition.
* Why stress impedes learning.
* How social interaction affects the brain.
* How to boost students’ ability to encode, maintain, and retrieve learning.
* Ways to connect brain research to curriculum, assessment, and staff development.
Jensen’s repeated message to educators is simple: You have far more influence on students’ brains than you realize . . . and you have an obligation to take advantage of the incredible revelations that science is providing. The revised and updated edition of Teaching with the Brain in Mind helps you do just that.
202 pages; ISBN 9781416602668
, or download in
Title: Teaching with the Brain in Mind, 2nd Edition
Author: Eric Jensen
Biology for the IB Diploma 1753 US$ 47.00 415 pages
Leading Change Step-by-Step 2010 US$ 29.95 226 pages
The Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded, Grades 3-5 2014 US$ 34.95 289 pages
Experience And Education 2007 US$ 8.73 96 pages