The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Upper Room Disciplines 2007
An eBook of Daily Devotions
The Upper Room Disciplines 2007
A Book of Daily Devotions
By 53 Noted Christian Writers
Discover God's hope and purpose for your life. Allow God's Word to speak to you through the powerful daily meditations in the 2007 edition of The Upper Room Disciplines.
If you need support establishing a daily practice of Bible study and prayer, you'll find valuable help in this annual bestseller.
Think of it as a full-year's worth of The Upper Room daily devotional guide, only with meditations addressing weekly (Monday through Sunday) themes. Each of the 53 writers offers a variety of perspectives on daily Bible readings selected from the Revised Common Lectionary, which will help you reconnect with God.
The Foreword, written by noted newspaper columnist and bestselling author, Ray Waddle, offers reflections on the timeless relevance of scripture. ''Even in this still-new century of religious pluralism and laments about biblical illiteracy, scripture summons a person to amazement, consolation, decision, and spiritual realism,'' he writes. ''Sometimes it whispers, sometimes shouts. Falteringly I seek it out. Or unfalteringly it finds me.''
Each scriptural- and real-life based meditation includes suggestions for prayer and further reflection that will help you be more open to God's love and guidance. Also included is an outline explaining how to use The Upper Room Disciplines in small groups.
Writers for this edition include: Eric H. F. Law, John Indermark, Roberta Bondi, Joshua Lang, Pamela Couture, Benoni Silva-Netto, Luis F. Reyes, Michael W. O'Laughlin, Hazelyn McComas, and Roland Rink.
373 pages; ISBN 9780687646029
, or download in
Title: Upper Room Disciplines 2007
Author: Stephen D. Bryant
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Practical religion. The Christian life
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Works of meditation and devotion > Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865; Religion
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Feast days
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymnology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymns in languages other than English
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Practical religion. The Christian life
- Religion > Christianity > Christian Life
- Religion > Devotional