Blues Guitar For Dummies
Re-create the sounds of the blues masters—without reading music!
Want to play the blues? Can't read music? No problem! This fun, accessible guide shows you how to play blues scales, chords, progressions, riffs, and solos. From Delta blues and modern blues to blues rock, you'll see how to use today's guitars, amplifiers, and effects to play a wide variety of styles, with hands-on guidance on changing strings for when you really boogie down.
Discover how to
- Select the right guitar and accessories
- Develop correct hand position and posture
- Explore acoustic and electric styles
- Tune your axe
- Play like a pro and improvise leads
All this on the Bonus CD-ROM
- All songs and exercises from the book
- Audio and MP3 files as well as a PC interface with track numbers, name, and time included
See the "How to Use the CD" appendix for details and system requirements.
384 pages; ISBN 9781118050828
, or download in or
Title: Blues Guitar For Dummies
Author: Jon Chappell
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Instrumental techniques > Plucked instruments
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > History
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Music theory
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Composition. Elements and techniques of music
- Music > Musical Instruments