Managing Your Documentation Projects, Portfolio, and People
The 1994 bestselling classic Managing Your Documentation Projects set the industry standard for technical documentation. However, since then, much has changed in the world of information development. With this new title, JoAnn Hackos looks beyond the structured project of the 1980s and 1990s. Instead, she focuses on the rapidly changing projects of the 21st century and addresses how to introduce agile information development without neglecting the central focus of planning information design and development around the needs of information users.
As an information-development manager, you are expected to reduce costs and project time, do more work with fewer resources and less money, and increase the value of the information you deliver. Recognizing this, Hackos has carefully designed this book to help you do precisely that. She helps you make strategic decisions about information development and directs the discussion of project management toward smarter decision-making.
An update of the original 1994 Information Process Maturity Model (IPMM) presents you with a method by which you can compare the state of your organization to others, evaluate your current status, and then consider what is necessary in order to move to the next level.
Information Development offers a completely new look at best practices for all phases of the document development lifecycle, including:
- Managing a corporate information portfolio
- Evaluating process maturity
- Partnering with customers and developing user scenarios
- Developing team effectiveness and collaboration
- Planning and monitoring information projects
- Managing translation and production
- Evaluating project performance
- Managing for quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness
The companion Web site includes electronic versions of the templates and checklists featured in the book.
Wiley Technology Publishing Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
650 pages; ISBN 9780470116753
, or download in
Title: Information Development
Author: JoAnn T. Hackos
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The E-Myth Revisited 2009 US$ 10.99 288 pages
- Academic > Engineering > Industrial engineering. Management engineering > Information technology
- Academic > Engineering > Industrial engineering. Management engineering > Management information systems
- Art > Design
- Business > Business Communication > Meetings & Presentations
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Publishing
- Computers > Computer Graphics
- Technology > Engineering
- Technology > Technical Writing