From showers to hurricanes, from heat waves to global warming, weather and climate are important not only to budding meteorologists but also to those in the fields of aviation, earth science, and the environment. In Meteorology Demystified, best-selling author Stan Gibilisco, writing with his usual entertaining and informative style and flair, provides a complete foundation of essential physical and scientific concepts behind different weather phenomena.
With Meteorology Demystified, you learn at your own comfortable pace. Complex topics are described simply, in easy-to-understand terms. In this unique self-teaching guide, learning is continually reinforced and achievement demonstrated. Each chapter ends with a 10-question multiple-choice quiz, and a 100-question multiple-choice final exam tests your total understanding of meteorology.
If you want to master the concepts of meteorology and the techniques of weather prediction, here's the self-teaching course that does the job quickly and thoroughly. Get ready to:
- Understand the science of air and water...pressure systems and clouds...showers and thunderstorms
- Explore the formation and evolution of tornadoes, hurricanes, and winter storms
- Learn what's involved in observation and forecasting
- Get insights into Earth's past and a prognosis for its future
- Consider the impact of human activity on climate
- Take a "final exam" and grade it yourself!
Meteorology Demystified is a lively and effective way for students, aviators, environmentalists, and home schoolers to learn about the forces behind weather.
338 pages; ISBN 9780071487900
, or download in
Title: Meteorology Demystified
Author: Stan Gibilisco