The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Metastable Solids from Undercooled Melts
A comprehensive description of the science and applications of the undercooling phenomenon is given. It is composed of several main parts: experimental techniques for undercooling; characterization of the undercooled melt as the first step in rapid solidification; introducing the concepts of modern theories of rapid dendrite and eutectic growth and their comparison with experimental results, and a survey of metastable materials formed from the non-equilibrium state of an undercooled melt.
* Showing clear links to possible application of results obtained from basic research
* The subject matter is multidisciplinary and will be of interest to material scientists, physicists, physical chemists, mechanical and electrical engineers
445 pages; ISBN 9780080468860
, or download in
- Academic > Physics > Thermodynamics > Heat; Radiation and absorption
- Academic > Physics > General > Physics; Experiments
- Academic > Physics > Heat
- Academic > Physics > Physics
- Technology > Engineering > Mechanical
- Science > Chemistry > Physical & Theoretical
- Technology > Metallurgy
- Technology > Material Science