VBA for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (Adobe Reader)
“VBA for the 2007 Microsoft Office System is jam-packed with code samples that you’ll be able to reuse right away in your VBA projects.”
—Guy Barrette, Microsoft MVP & Regional Director, .NET Expertise
Develop your VBA expertise instantly with proven techniques
VBA for the 2007 Microsoft® Office System shows you how to take full advantage of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite by automating routine Office tasks. No matter which Office application you’re using, there are some tasks you perform dozens of times, such as typing a section of text, running a series of menu commands, or formatting a document in a particular way.This book shows you how to accomplish the same tasks by incorporating them into a macro that you can run with just a few mouse clicks or keystrokes. This book shows you the basics of VBA programming from the ground up. Even if you’ve never programmed before, VBA for the 2007 Microsoft® Office System will have you up to speed with VBA in no time.You’ll learn how to write programs that control Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access databases, and even Outlook email.You get dozens of example macros that not only illustrate the concepts in the book but also provide you with practical, business-oriented tools that you can use right away to improve your productivity.
- Practical, real-world examples for anyone who uses Office applications—not just power users.
- Automate or streamline all your repetitive Word, Excel, and PowerPoint chores.
- Create custom dialog boxes and custom Ribbon tabs, groups, and buttons to make Office look and work the way you want it to—no program experience required!
- Easy-to-understand instructions that make learning VBA fast and fun.
- All code examples and documents are available online so you can get started with VBA with a minimum of fuss.
- Automate Routine Tasks
- Control Word, Excel,
- and PowerPoint
- Program Access Databases
- Automate Document Backups
- Create Advanced Email Rules
- Build Custom Dialog Boxes
- Customize the Office 2007
- Access the Registry
- Troubleshoot Macro Problems
- Control Macro Security
I Getting Started with VBA
1 Creating and Running Recorded Macros
2 Writing Your Own Macros
3 Understanding Program Variables
4 Building VBA Expressions
5 Working with Objects
6 Controlling Your VBA Code
II Putting VBA to Work
7 Programming Word
8 Programming Excel
9 Programming PowerPoint
10 Programming Access Databases
11 Programming Outlook Email
III Getting the Most Out of VBA
12 Creating Custom VBA Dialog Boxes
13 Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon
14 VBA Tips and Techniques
15 Trapping Program Errors
16 Debugging VBA Procedures
A VBA Statements
B VBA Functions
431 pages; ISBN 9780768674552
, or download in
Title: VBA for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (Adobe Reader)
Author: Paul McFedries