Applied MANOVA and Discriminant Analysis
This Second Edition of the classic book, Applied Discriminant Analysis, reflects and references current usage with its new title, Applied MANOVA and Discriminant Analysis. Thoroughly updated and revised, this book continues to be essential for any researcher or student needing to learn to speak, read, and write about discriminant analysis as well as develop a philosophy of empirical research and data analysis. Its thorough introduction to the application of discriminant analysis is unparalleled.
Offering the most up-to-date computer applications, references, terms, and real-life research examples, the Second Edition also includes new discussions of MANOVA, descriptive discriminant analysis, and predictive discriminant analysis. Newer SAS macros are included, and graphical software with data sets and programs are provided on the book's related Web site.
The book features:
- Detailed discussions of multivariate analysis of variance and covariance
- An increased number of chapter exercises along with selected answers
- Analyses of data obtained via a repeated measures design
- A new chapter on analyses related to predictive discriminant analysis
- Basic SPSS(r) and SAS(r) computer syntax and output integrated throughout the book
Applied MANOVA and Discriminant Analysis enables the reader to become aware of various types of research questions using MANOVA and discriminant analysis; to learn the meaning of this field's concepts and terms; and to be able to design a study that uses discriminant analysis through topics such as one-factor MANOVA/DDA, assessing and describing MANOVA effects, and deleting and ordering variables.
524 pages; ISBN 9780471789468
, or download in
Title: Applied MANOVA and Discriminant Analysis
Author: Carl J. Huberty; Stephen Olejnik
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Multivariate analysis
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Latent variables
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Discriminant analysis
- Academic > Mathematics > General