The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Correct Your Spanish Blunders
A witty, fast-paced guide to eliminating Spanish bloopers for beginners
Mixing genders, inverting subjects and objects, and trusting falsos amigos (a.k.a., false cognates) are just a few of the blunders English-speaking Spanish-language learners commonly make. In Correct Your Spanish Blunders, veteran Spanish teacher Jean Yates identifies these and other common trouble spots and clearly explains the reasons behind them. Learners discover how grammar patterns of Spanish differ from those of English and why trying to translate word for word, structure for structure, from English, can lead to big trouble.
Beginning Spanish students learn to break bad habits and correct their mistakes, while developing a much more natural feel for Spanish language patternsand have fun doing it!with the help of:
- More than 1,000 highlighted examples of common blunders to avoid
- Numerous examples and practical exercises
- Quick-reference panels for checking correct tense forms
- A ''Hall of Shame'' compendium of bad errors to recognize and correct
370 pages; ISBN 9780071460149
, or download in
More from this author
- Practice Makes Perfect English Conversation2012US$ 13.00178 pages
- Perfect Phrases In Spanish For The Hotel and Restaurant Industries2008US$ 9.95193 pages