The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Female Athlete's Body Book
The first authoritative guide for keeping female athletes healthy and injury free
Women's and girls' participation in sports grows exponentially every year, and everyone knows that women's bodies are constructed differently from men's, yet there have been no books on sports injury and health specific to a female athlete's needs.
In The Female Athlete's Body Book, Dr. Gloria Beim--orthopedic surgeon, physician for the U.S. National Track Cycling Team, and accomplished athlete--presents the first authoritative sourcebook for every female athlete who wants to get in the game and stay there. She provides sound advice on an array of concerns including:
- How to minimize injury while enhancing sports performance
- Nutrition and training for top performance and lifelong health
- The specific needs of younger, pregnant, and mature athletes
- How to fight menstrual problems, bone loss, and eating disorders
- What to do when an injury occurs
370 pages; ISBN 9780071425407
, or download in
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Digital Leadership 2014 US$ 27.95 265 pages