The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
English Grammar for the Utterly Confused
For students who want to learn the nuts and bolts of English grammar
A generation ago, the United States public school system stopped formal instruction in English grammar and consequently created a legion of students and professionals notoriously weak in writing and language skills.
English Grammar for the Utterly Confusedis a must-have for anyone who gets that “deer-in-the-headlights" look when asked to recognize a misplaced modifier or even find the verb in a sentence.
This user-friendly, witty guide helps everyone-from students taking the GED to professionals writing business plans-learn the structures of English grammar and how to use them easily and proficiently. Demystifying grammar once and for all, this handbook will help all readers acquire the ability to speak and write competently, correctly, and confidently.
Key features include:
- Exercises throughout to develop facility in writing skills
- Clear explanations of complex concepts
- Handy icons
- More than 200 solved problems and examples
- Test Yourself section in each chapter
256 pages; ISBN 9780071430975
, or download in or
More from this author
- Test Taking Strategies & Study Skills for the Utterly Confused2002US$ 18.00289 pages
- McGraw-Hill's Praxis I & II Exam2004US$ 18.95512 pages