The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Environmental Science & Technology
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you're a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of environmental science and technology or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Environmental Science & Technology:
* Features 11,000 entries encompassing the language of environmental science and technology
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers terms relevant to environmental science and technology from such fields as: agriculture; acoustics; botany; chemistry; civil, chemical, industrial and other areas of engineering; conservation; earth sciences; ecology; geography; medicine; microbiology; plant pathology; toxicology; veterinary medicine; and zoology
* Includes an appendix containing measurement conversion tables, tables of useful data, and charts
* Based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms -- for more than a quarter century, THE standard international reference.
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Environmental Science & Technology offers an unmatched standard of excellence.
510 pages; ISBN 9780071433976
, or download in
The Holy Bible 1900 US$ 4.95 4313 pages
On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition 2012 US$ 11.49 336 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Encyclopedias
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences
- Science > Environmental Science
- Reference > Dictionaries