Beginning Transact-SQL with SQL Server 2000 and 2005
Transact-SQL is a powerful implementation of the ANSI standard SQL database query language. In order to build effective database applications, you must gain a thorough understanding of these features. This book provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the T-SQL language and shows you how it can be used to work with both the SQL Server 2000 and 2005 releases.
Beginning with an overview of the SQL Server query operations and tools that are used with T-SQL, the author goes on to explain how to design and build applications of increasing complexity. By gaining an understanding of the power of the T-SQL language, you'll be prepared to meet the ever-increasing demands of programming.
What you will learn from this book
- How T-SQL provides you with the means to create tools for managing hundreds of databases
- Various programming techniques that use views and stored procedures
- Ways to optimize query performance
- How to create databases that will be an essential foundation to applications you develop later
Who this book is for
This book is for database developers and administrators who have not yet programmed with Transact-SQL. Some familiarity with relational databases and basic SQL is helpful, and some programming experience is helpful.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
596 pages; ISBN 9780471780168
, or download in
Title: Beginning Transact-SQL with SQL Server 2000 and 2005
Author: Paul Turley; Dan Wood
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
Microsoft Excel and Access Integration 2007 US$ 39.99 410 pages
Alan Turing: The Enigma 2014 US$ 16.95 777 pages
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Database management
- Computers > Programming Languages > SQL
- Computers > Database Management