The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Counter Hack Reloaded
A Step-by-Step Guide to Computer Attacks and Effective Defenses
For years, Counter Hack has been the primary resource for every network/system administrator and security professional who needs a deep, hands-on understanding of hacker attacks and countermeasures. Now, leading network security expert Ed Skoudis, with Tom Liston, has thoroughly updated this best-selling guide, showing how to defeat today’s newest, most sophisticated, and most destructive attacks.
For this second edition, more than half the content is new and updated, including coverage of the latest hacker techniques for scanning networks, gaining and maintaining access, and preventing detection. The authors walk you through each attack and demystify every tool and tactic. You’ll learn exactly how to establish effective defenses, recognize attacks in progress, and respond quickly and effectively in both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments.
Important features of this new edition include
- All-new “anatomy-of-an-attack” scenarios and tools
- An all-new section on wireless hacking: war driving, wireless sniffing attacks, and more
- Fully updated coverage of reconnaissance tools, including Nmap port scanning and “Google hacking”
- New coverage of tools for gaining access, including uncovering Windows and Linux vulnerabilities with Metasploit
- New information on dangerous, hard-to-detect, kernel-mode rootkits
780 pages; ISBN 9780132704533
, or download in
Office 2013 In Depth 2013 US$ 31.99 1032 pages
Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo 2013 US$ 54.00 329 pages