The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The authors examine different data-supported methods for studying submarine groundwater flow and discharge through case studies contributed by leading international scientists. They discuss the maintenance of optimal water, salt, temperature and hydrobiological regimes of inland seas and large lakes. The book covers subsurface water exchange between the land and sea as well as groundwater discharge to the seas. It also provides a review of experimental methods and numerical modeling that can be used for the evaluation of specific discharge data and the effect of groundwater on the salt balance of seas and oceans.
Defining the field of marine hydrogeology as a science that studies submarine groundwater, its properties, circulation, and distribution, Submarine Groundwater delineates the role of quantitative assessment of subsurface water exchange between land and sea in predicting its changes under the influence of natural factors and human activity. It provides a framework for assessing different methods and making the best choice for various situations.
496 pages; ISBN 9781420005257
, or download in
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography, History
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Hydrology. Water > Ground and surface waters > Groundwater. Hydrogeology
- Academic > Physical Geography > Groundwater. Hydrogeology > Groundwater flow
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Engineering
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology