The Gatekeepers

Inside the Admissions Process of a Premier College

The Gatekeepers by Jacques Steinberg
In the fall of 1999, New York Times education reporter Jacques Steinberg was given an unprecedented opportunity to observe the admissions process at prestigious Wesleyan University. Over the course of nearly a year, Steinberg accompanied admissions officer Ralph Figueroa on a tour to assess and recruit the most promising students in the country. The Gatekeepers follows a diverse group of prospective students as they compete for places in the nation's most elite colleges. The first book to reveal the college admission process in such behind-the-scenes detail, The Gatekeepers will be required reading for every parent of a high school-age child and for every student facing the arduous and anxious task of applying to college.
Penguin Publishing Group; July 2003
ISBN 9781101200315
Read online, or download in secure EPUB
Title: The Gatekeepers
Author: Jacques Steinberg

The Times Shutters Its College Admissions Blog - New York Observer
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:06:12 -0700
The Times Shutters Its College Admissions BlogNew York ObserverThe blog was founded in March 2009 by education reporter Jacques ...
Times' Jacques Steinberg Leaves Media Desk for Education Beat - New York Observer
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:14:25 -0700
New York ObserverTimes' Jacques Steinberg Leaves Media Desk for Education BeatNew York ObserverFor almost 20 years, Jacques ...
President James Wright's Symposium: "Reflections on the 2008 Campaign: Challenges for the New President" - Dartmouth News
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:09:42 -0700
President James Wright's Symposium: "Reflections on the 2008 Campaign: Challenges for the New President"Dartmouth ...