Qualities of Effective Teachers
In Qualities of Effective Teachers, 2nd edition, James H. Stronge shows educators how to recreate this same excitement and enthusiasm in their own classrooms by describing the characteristics and skills of effective teachers. Stronge synthesizes research to identify specific teacher behaviors that contribute to student achievement. Rather than look at outside factors like demographics, district leadership, and state mandates, Stronge focuses specifically on what teachers can control: their own preparation, personality, and practices.
Learn how effective teachers
· Prepare to be effective educators.
· Establish, manage, and maintain learning-focused classroom environments.
· Organize time, communicate expectations, and plan instruction.
· Present curriculum to support active and engaged learning.
· Monitor student progress, identify student potential, and meet the needs of special populations in the classroom.
This second edition includes new tips and tools for engaging at-risk students and high-ability students. It also includes skills checklists and an expanded, annotated bibliography to provide a springboard for further insight and exploration. Teachers, educators who hire teachers, teacher leaders, supervisors, and teachers-in-training can all use this book to learn to how to develop better teachers and to improve the quality of learning for all students.
220 pages; ISBN 9781416606079
, or download in
Title: Qualities of Effective Teachers
Author: James H. Stronge